Sunday 24 December 2017

A WELL KNOWN FACT BY THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE IN 'TUNE' WITH THE ANIMAL WORLD..

Is that we animals can 'speak' on Christmas Eve, we, of course, speak our own languages throughout the year, cat, dog, donkey, horse and of course, parrot.

And as she knows this, I am mystified as to why she has never taken me to the Christmas Eve service at our (very) local church. It is literally on the very next corner of the street on which we live so I couldn't possibly get cold and I know quite a few other people (humans) who will be there but no, I am always left behind. 

Pity that as I do enjoy a good sing-song and those Christmas songs or carols, as I believe they are called, sound as they would be wonderful to sing and listen to, especially in our church.

But maybe I am left at home to be in charge, that's it! I'm left behind to guard all the festive food and gifts that, I'm sure, Mr. and Mrs. Mouse would like to eat and scamper off with.

She still hasn't peeked at any of her gifts, I find that truly amazing! Not even at the two bags that Myra gave her last night.

She had to let a delivery man in for our upstairs neighbours and he, bless his heart, came earlier than scheduled, so she was able to pick me up and we went to have supper with her and her brother and took our gifts for them that she had wrapped and decorated the day before.

They both proclaimed that her wrapping was 'enchanting', she had used crisp brown paper - which packs things beautifully - together with scarlet ribbon, stencils with bronze, gold, silver and red pens with which to decorate the paper and labels onto which she had put the tiniest amount of red glitter.

We spoke with BUB this morning and will speak to our UK and overseas friends tomorrow. I find it 'strange' to realise that we will not be telephoning several friends this year.. we've 'lost' a few to the great upstairs.. sigh.

But, as I'm able to speak human speech tonight, I'll pray for our much beloved folks and tell them that we love them and miss them very much and The God of my understanding will listen to my prayers and make sure that our friends know that we are thinking of them.

And, Dear Readers, we will think of you as well, we only know a few of you personally but there are thousands of you throughout the world who read my blog and to those of you who celebrate the birth of Christ.. we wish you a happy Christmas.

And.. we wish for Peace on Earth.. you don't have to be a Christian to want that.

GeeGee Parrot.
Christmas Eve.
December 24th, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment