Friday 1 May 2015

TWO FOR TEA & TEA FOR TWO.. HOW HAPPY WE WILL BE..

There aren't many choices or things that are either one or the other, are there?

She could have chosen to have a cat, a dog, a fish.. well, almost any animal.. but the fact that she ended up with a (self-willed) African Grey Parrot, was by her choosing to have (another) one in her life.

Tea in bed.. Hot LapySang down the throat.. ahhh.. what a great way to start my day. Then buttery egg-the-peg, with a beakful of hummus on the side.

She is not taking me to where they do Singing with Dementia, it is windy and she has just had a call from Susan in Steatham "please would she come to her house and change the dressing on her back before they go up to the nursing home". This is what friends do, so the answer was yes.

This means I would be in my small travelling unit for far too long, it is boring.. sigh.. but I am better off staying at home.

Do you follow Ellie's Dairy's Blog? Please go and look at it, there are some charming small goaty folk.. HuskyMonkey and Boomerang are featuring in the last post, strange name for a kid but she bounces back.. to where she wanted to be, which is not where she was supposed to be.. are you up here with me or still faffing about at the end of the last paragraph?

And there are photos of these two naughty kiddly-diddlies.. so sweet with their amusing ears, the Nubian ear-style is very distinctive and charming beyond belief.. go and have a look and I defy you not to smile!

She smiled yesterday. On the way back from High Holborn she walked through Soho and went to buy coffee from the Algerian Coffee shop on Old Compton Street. Half a kilo of Velluto Nero and half a kilo of their April Special.. Peru High.

When she went into the shop, there was a few people being spoken to by some cops. Then a couple of them were taken away but a couple of the cops stayed outside, she said to one of the coffee folk "They think your smells MUST be illegal as they're SO addictive!", this made the shop laugh as did one of the cops, for when she went out, they were still there!

It was a 'stop&question' day in Soho, something was obviously going on because she saw the same sort of operation going on in Gt.Marlborough Street. Two cyclists were being questioned.

I have still got the dreaded collar around my neck.. it is very light so it doesn't hurt but it does stop me being doing what I want to and you know how maddening that is.. grrr. The last time I had to wear it was for two months. All my feathers have to grow back in and as my tumtum is bald, it will take a long time.. yes, sigh indeed.

It is brightening up.. she has put her books into WW, together with a coat and a jacket that a lovely friend has given her to give to Susan. Do you wear the same things practically all the time, she goes through phases of doing this.. ridiculous as she has pretty clothes which she almost forgets about!

Then she remembers them, puts them on and feels happy and 'light' because of the colour or the weight. Weight in clothes is very important, she knows instantly with coats if she would ever use or wear it or not, for a coat / jacket has to 'feel' right.

Just like a perch.. I am lucky that all the doors at home are old fashioned ones with a wide top and they are comfy to doze upon.. rather like sitting on a head, I don't hold on with my claws, I can sit there as I do on our doors.

But now I have to flap-a-dap down to bathroom, she has to leave soon, she's got to get dressings and plasters for Susan and it takes a good hour by bus at this time of day. NO trains for her today! Being stuck in a train for FIVE hours.. is not her idea of fun, at least on a bus you can get off and hoof it.

So it will be either a 'girl for you and a boy for me' and they've got a boy. HRH The Prince of Wales wants a girl, we'll have to wait and see!

GeeGee Parrot.
May 1st, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment