Saturday 14 July 2012

St.Swithin's Day..

Heavens to Betsy.. This rain has to stop! Please let it stop!

SHE was due to go out early this morning.. WE broke our nights fast with scrummydumptious buttered eggs, SHE had bus pass and money in pocket, ole Wicker was ready for a jaunt to Balham to go and see t'other Debbie and collect fresh Goaty milk.. SHE unlocked and opened up front door.. outside was a solid wall of water.. cold as well. Ugh..

Change of plan..

No trip to Balham, old age is finally making HER sensible, when YOU have an infection it is not sensible to get wet and have to stay like that for three hours! I am happy to report that antibiotics are working, HER jaw no longer resembles a Hamster's pouch!

But major disadvantage was SHE was here.. under my wing as it were! And got very inquisitive (read nosy) about MY new secret place.. it was MY own fault.. I flapped an arm (wing) and a mass of tissue fell down from top of bathroom cupboard.. I had it all safely stashed away out of sight.. pity, now SHE knows where I spend MY time when SHE is out!

What IS a gurl to do? I bet YOU all have somewhere cosy and warm where YOU read papers and books? Well, as I am fast approaching MY HATCHDAY on July 29th.. do not give that old feeble excuse that YOU didn't know.. I am telling YOU now so YOU have plenty of time to send ME a card .. I am going to be EIGHT!!.. I felt it time that I too should have a snug place.. top of cupboard seemed suitable.

WELL, SHE had a complete hissy fit when SHE saw ME up there! Apparently there is a hole which I might fall down, so now SHE has blocked up the back bit.. less room but it stops HER worrying. And SHE gave me back some of the rolls of tissue..

St.Swithin's Day is tomorrow.. if it is fine, the saying is that it will be fine for forty days.. if it rains, well, more dreary rain for forty days.. SHE is desperate to go gardening.. so much to do, grass HAS to be cut and beds to be weeded, SHE cannot see Gooseberry bushes for weeds!

Oh, I lurve Red Gooseberries.. and WE would like more Roses to make our home smell delicious! Compassion is one of HER favourites, scrummy big up your nose smell and these cut flowers last as well.

Hopefully SHE will be able to meet up with Debbie, aka purveyor of fresh Goaty Milk, at a Farmers Market next week, SHE is not eating cereal so that dreadful Mr.Woe is not in our house, SHE had a stash of frozen milk but milk level is pretty low.. back to black expresso coffee next week!

Time for bed.. WE had a delicious supper of Pork chop and salad with hot beans in it.. YUM.. WE are both tired, so it is B-E-D time for us both.. WE hope YOU are enjoying your weekend.

GeeGee Parrot.
July 14th, 2012. Bastille Day if YOU are French!

No comments:

Post a Comment