Monday 26 March 2018

I'M HAVING A LOVELY TIME.. MAKING A BIG FAT MESS!

When you were a child did your parents ever allow you to make a mess? Mine does.. she knows that a pile of paper is my idea of 'catnip' and today I am being allowed to make a stupendously messy mess! 

We've had our fast breaking yumyum, grapefruit and tea for her, buttered egg, two almonds and tea for me.

She switched on laptop to look at various things and to write a post on my Blog about a book she had read last week called 'H is for Hawk'.

I was being what she calls a 'pest', dithering about at the top of her bed, the closest point to the bedside table.

She 'sighed' as only mothers do when children are being ... well, I'm sure you know what I mean, I don't have to spell it out for you, on I jumped.. to find all manner of exciting things!

Some, I regret to say, were immediately whisked away by a speedy hand but there's still plenty to beak. A roll of lavatory paper for instance.. such fun to shred the fine paper and crunch the inner roll!

Now, it was a great pity that she saw those two rubbery spectacle cases, they would've been fun to chew but she did and they wizzed out of Beakys' reach into her bag which is on the floor.

She left the hard spectacle cases, but they're no fun as I can't chew them, so Beaky gave them a nudge and they're now on the floor.

It's a good thing that her old friend Mr.Bissell is working, isn't it? Because there's a dreadful mess down there now! 

She's just looked over and seen the state of the bedside table and floor and you know what, she laughed!

Bless her heart, she knows kids have to be allowed to have fun and as I don't read comics or know how to use crayons - she's said 'thank the Lord for that' - a mess of ripped paper, that she can vacuum up, is a small price to pay to allow her kid lots of fun.

PipPip. More card to chew, paper to shred, got to go.

GeeGee Parrot.
March 26th, 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment