Wednesday 22 February 2017

SPINY-APPLES & CLEMENTEENIES..

Are on the barrows in the street markets! Oh, yippee, I do love them. You would know them by their proper names which are Pineapples & Clementines but I think my names are better. For pineapples bear no resemblance to any sort of pine or apple.. do they? But they're very spiny! And those pretty clementines are very teeny, are they not?

Do you know the difference between mardarins and clementines? Mandarines have lots of pips, clementines don't and are sweeter. Don't ever say I don't give you any bits of vital information.

A quids worth of clementeenies came rolling home with her yesterday.. 20 of them! Slurpy things, I eat my segments quite slowly compared to her and we have two of three at night between us, it's Winter, we've got to keep our vitamin c level up!

And two very ripe spiny-apples came trundling home as well as six juicy fat lemons, two kilos of chickpeas and a large pot of tahini. Thank goodness for our wonderful street market.. The North End Road.

And our local library! Do you use yours? If not, why not? Our research library is directly above the lending library and is magnificent! And they have computers and printers and newspapers, they are brilliant place to educate your children and yourself.

She going on a jaunt this afternoon, to Walthamstow Central! I don't know who she is seeing but one of her 'girls' used to live out in that neck of the woods, I wonder if it is her?

Anyway, I have had a snacket of hummus and steamed broccoli stem, so delicious, and I am going to doze whilst she's out, it's a slightly muggy day but the www.. wicked west wind.. is blowing so it's a hat day. She's leaving WW behind, despite the fact that Walthamstow is famous for having the longest street market in England but we need nothing. She's taking some fruit, a bottle of water and a book for the journey.

PipPip folks.. Chirp.

GeeGee Parrot.
February 22nd, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment