Wednesday 15 February 2017

AN ANGEL & HER VIOLA.

When we read this story, we were struck dumb! Or rather, I was struck dumb for it was me making the racket, I had a tumtum full of yumyum and was tooting and carrying on alarmingly, as is my want when I am happy.

I have no idea where she read about Venai Jelks. She walked into the Fireside Convalescent Home in Santa Monica carrying her viola and asked the manager if she could play for the patients. "She was adorable, she would come in after school and play for us and it was magical" said one if the residents of the home.

For two years this charming person came to lighten and brighten their days.. until one day, she didn't come. She had not been feeling well and she died the next day but during those two years, what a gift she gave to those people.

Venai was thirteen when she walked into Fireside and fifteen when she died.. truly a gift from God.

GeeGee Parrot.
February 15th, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment