Sunday 19 February 2017

POTATO STARCH & TAPIOCA. OH, SO NO MORE DIM SUM DUMPLINGS FOR HER.

Good evening to you all. I have a very despondent mum under my toes. (I'm standing on her head). The reason being is that a Chinese friend of hers has told her what they use to make the covering of Dim Sum Dumplings out of and the title of the post tells you what those ingredients are.

BooHoo.. potato starch would and does make her hand sore within fifteen minutes.. quelle bummer and other such 'choice' expressions, that's really mean and sneaky, why don't they make them out of Rice Flour? So there will be no more plans to trot off for dim sum on her way to or from the British Library, that's for sure.

It was an exceedingly dull, cloudy and chilly day here in deepest Knightsbridge, so she girded her loins and trotted off to see Debbie Goaty Mum whom she knew would be at Parson's Green Farmer's Market between 9.00am - 2.00pm.

They sat and chatted about the disgusting things that non-organic arable farmers do to their crops, not just here in the UK but around the world, like spraying Glyphosate onto their wheat harvest to kill it before they harvest it, it kills the wheat and dries it out so that it is easier to harvest.. words failed her!

No wonder more and more people are having 'problems' with wheat! Glyphosate is a toxic herbicide used to kill weeds.

It is supposed to be warm and sunny tomorrow, I am not going to the allotments, we have decided because she will be there for some time, there are several apple and pear trees that need to have their hard pruning done and I would just be put into the big cage - which I don't like, I have no idea why I don't like it but I don't, I squeal piteously if she goes out of sight and carry on like a two year old.

So I am better off left at home and she can get on and do the work without having to worry about her delinquent avian daughter!

The world's news is pretty gruesome.. it seems that nothing good or pleasant of any significance has happened anywhere, or if it has, the media reckon that 'bad' news is more important.. ugh.

She's off to make a mug of hot ginger root 'tea' and I'm off to eat copious amounts of that hummus that she made yesterday. We wish you all a happy and healthy week wherever you may be.

GeeGee Parrot.
February 19th, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment