Friday 3 February 2017

BREAKING NEWS IN PARIS & WHAT'S OUT OF FAVOUR. BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO FLAVOUR!

It is bright and sunny! What more could a bird ask for? Apart from what I have, which is a bellyfull of egg, turmeric and ginger root and broccoli stalk plus multiple slurps of hot LapySang.. ahhh.

Now, down to serious business.. the second part of today's post refers to what fruit or vegetable, come on you lot, no slacking.. guess? You can't? Well, it's those pesky tomatoes that she loves but cannot eat.

Grown in giant poly-tunnels with hydroponic systems and never allowed to see the light of day, why, they're exactly like battery hens as far as we are concerned. Perfectly formed but with no smell or taste. Why anyone would want to buy them, even ones that are sold at Farmer's Markets here in London at this time of year, is beyond her, I don't go to Farmer's Markets so it is certainly beyond me!

But, this year, she's is going to grow them again. Not, I might add for home consumption but as gifts to give to friends. Who doesn't like those big solid beef steak tomatoes called Zebra or the heritage ones which are almost black, or, perhaps what used to be her favourite, the yellow cherry tomatoes.

OR.. Plum tomatoes with which to make a proper sauce with garlic and oregano or basil? SLURP.

Storm 'Doris' has landed and is busy causing chaos in the West Country. She is the 'bit' of weather that is affecting Spain and France with snow and heavy rains, help help.. you're only allowed to buy three iceberg lettuce at some supermarkets! Hate Icebergs.. they have to be the most tasteless lettuces ever grown.

What is also causing chaos but not here but in Paris is the 'incident' which started at the Carousel shopping centre at the Louvre Museum in Paris earlier this morning, a man with a knife and carrying two backpacks tried to attack a soldier with a knife and got shot in his leg for his attempt.

Who knows what the backpacks contained but I doubt that it was his pyjamas and wash kit, that's for sure. The city of Paris is having a grim morning, there has been a severe gas explosion which ripped apart an apartment building in the Noisy-Le Grande area and a man was seriously injured after a gas canister exploded in his home in the Seine-Seine-Denis area causing terrible damage.

But we have things to do, like shake a leg and get dressed, her, not me. I am already dressed but not in my usual silky suit. No, because of my revolting habit of nibbling, my silky suit now looks more like a mohair one.

Yes, folks, I am in disgrace but that does not stop her thinking that I am the veryvery best parrot in the world and loving me as only a mum can love her child.. I say child as there's only one of me. Thank goodness, she is quite dotty enough, can you imagine what she'd be like if she had TWO of us!

And on that staggering thought.. I say "Adieu.." come along and sing with me for you certainly must know the words by now.. "farewell, auf wiedersein, goodbye".

GeeGee Parrot.
February 3rd, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment