Wednesday 7 September 2016

STAYING BEHIND BARS..

I'm still in jail! And old fussy guts, otherwise known as mama, has decided that I shall remain here until next Monday.. BOO HOO. But I do, reluctantly, understand her reasoning.

For the longer the nasty chemicals have to disperse before I return home, the better. We birds do not have lungs, we have air sacks, I know, it is a very curious thing, is it not? And the nice Environmental Health man has had to change his inspection date to Monday morning as well, so I'll be let out of jail on Monday afternoon.

This means she can 'skip' off to the garden all day, every day until then. She'll do Borough on Friday with Joe but tomorrow and over the other days you'll find her gainfully employed being horrid to the weeds and those other cheeky garden invaders.

Too hot to plant new Narcissi bulbs, you're supposed to plant them in August but the ground is rock hard and dry, so she'll wait until October, when she'll also plant lots of garlic, onions and shallots. We eat a lot of shallots.. do you?

Her new favourite morning dish is two finely chopped up hard boiled eggs mixed together with a small raw shallot, also finely chopped, freshly ground salt and pepper with a light drizzle of good olive oil.. scrummy! That's just how I like my eggs too!

In my last post I spoke of our Autumnal weather, this morning she dressed accordingly because it was damp and dismal when she woke up. However, almost on the dot of 1.00pm, the sky cleared and old man sun turned his torch onto full beam. It now looks like a Summer's day out there but it's better because the sky is a deeper and richer blue.

Yes, it would have been nice to go out to the garden with her over the week-end but I am sure there will be other sunny days before that grumpy old man Winter rolls into town for his three monthly stint, well, I sincerely hope so!

Her Blue Bokara rug is almost ready to come, the lovely Kasia at Texterity has washed and mended it and she will collect it probably next week. Then she'll be able to start putting everything away properly.

The landlord has refused to accept responsibility for the damage caused by the damp.. words failed the man at the Town Hall when she showed him that email but as she said "I don't mind losing this battle because you guys have won the war for me and are watching him like hawks".

Just like in Poker, in life, you have to know when to fold. We'll be better when we can 'fold' our hands and wings around each other. Roll on Monday, that's what I say!

GeeGee Parrot.
September 7th, 2016.

2 comments:

  1. I hope all goes according to plan and the move back home is finished soonest!🌷

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Miz Pegeen, so do I, for being in a cage, even this large one, is not so much fun and you know how much I love to zoom about!
    Mama tells me you had an an operation, please remember to rub the joint with the Black Seed Oil, it's very good at healing all manner of things and it helps her old knee tremendously. Thank you for reading my blog and I'll send you a photo when I get home.. only a few more days and I'll be as free as.. well.. as free as a bird!
    Chirp.. GeeGee.

    ReplyDelete