Monday 2 May 2016

Platform 12 for the 14.42 Train.. last three carriages nearest to ticket barrier.. Woking, Basingstoke & Andover.. all aboard!

Chuff.. chuff.. our train left Waterloo on time.. first stop Woking. We had two seats and a table all to ourselves and trained down to Andover. And, oh lookielookie, there is a God after all, for there was my Kasuko (Swahili for parrot) loving friend Peter.

Ah, that's why we caught a chuff-chuff, we've come to stay with Michele, Peter, Ginger and Panda in Pewsey, Wiltshire. Tomorrow, the third of May, is Michele's birthday and on the fourth of May, it is Poppy's turn to have her birthday and she'll be ten. No, don't be nosy, you don't have to know which birthday Michele is celebrating.

So things had to be smuggled into the house unwrapped. 'cos packing wrapped presents means they arrive looking bent and battered, well, they would if we had brought them, for it looked as if we were coming to stay for six months we had so much kit! We'll leave with one small bag and the others, by then empty, will be inside that small bag.

We slept well, and awoke to a sunny morning, I ate my usual fare of egg, toast, walnut but then, oh dear! I hadn't realised she'd packed that wretched spray, before they all went out, she soaked me and my piteous squeals and cries were heard through the bathroom door and all the way downstairs.

Soaked Dear Readers, I was absolutely drenched from Beaky to the end of red bum, then left to 'air dry'. The reckoning is the homeopathic drops in the water help heal my plucking and maybe it's working for I do know that, touch wood, I haven't had the desire to pull out any of my new feathers that are coming through.

They, the humans, went out shopping and were gone for a couple of hours. I was left downstairs and able to see out into the garden and look at all manner of avian folk who were hopping and bopping about. Upon their arrival home, I was given a slice of my favourite bread, they had been to Lidl!

She has to go out later, yes.. weigh-in happens all over the UK, she's leaving here at about 6.45pm to walk up the road to Pewsey Primary School.. she doesn't reckon she's lost any weight and she's just hoping that she hasn't gone up over 10 stone.. aka 140lbs!

All will be revealed.. in my Pewsey Post.

GeeGee Parrot.
May 2nd, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment