Thursday 5 May 2016

A PEWSEY POST.. ABOUT BOUNCING ABOUT!

Greetings to you all, we are on the last day of our jaunt to Pewsey in Wiltshire and I have to report that much chocolate has been eaten by her goodself in the form of birthday cake, two birthday cakes to be precise! For yesterday, Ginger, Panda and I were left behind whilst Michele, Peter and mama drove to Faiths' house where they celebrated Poppys' tenth birthday.

Mama said there was a lot of excitement about cat music! Cats! Since when did they make music? I thought they miaowed. Oh, silly me, she has just told me it was a gift which was the cd of a musical called Cats! Probably before my time..

Before the party, Michele and mama went boot shopping in Amesbury, which is, apparently, the oldest continuously inhabited place within the British Isles. The boot / shoe shop had one boot which looked ok but it had a silly thing which stopped her foot sliding it, her arch is very high and so that was a no-no

But it worked to her advantage! For the next place, called The Factory Shop, had Karrimor boots at less than half price! A real deal! So a pair of 37s and a pair of 38s cost her less than the boots that didn't fit at the other shop. All she needs to do is to spray them with weather-proof spray.

And, the weather has turned! It's sunny! Like realllyreally sunny! The two women and I sat in the sun before lunch and they both got 'pink' faced, I had her iPad as a lid on my cage for shade.

When they returned from eating Poppys' cake, they had supper, don't worry folks, I was slipped a bit too, it was duck.. I love duck! Then dogs were put to bed and I was allowed out for an hours' treat to sit on Peters' head.. ah.. Beaky crunching time.

And you'll all be veryvery pleased to hear (and know) that my feathers really are coming through! And not one big feather have I plucked! However, with that sunny warm day, that witch appeared.. aka mother in disguise.. with the dreaded spray and she soaked me twice whilst I was outside. I made a fuss, as usual, but actually, it was quite pleasant for it kept me cool.

We are lolling in bed, it isn't yet 08.45am, I'm having a scratch and a poke about whilst on her head and proof reading this whilst she taps iPad, there's a mug of LapySang brewing beside us and all is well but we've a train to catch from Andover, so must get up and start our day, we send you our best regards.

But what is the meaning of this title, I hear you cry? Ah yes, bouncing about, well, you see Poppy, Freddie and Charlotte have a trampoline in their garden, a full sized one and she got on it yesterday.

Her first time ever on one and she said to Peter that it made her feel a little sea-sick, a that's a weird feeling as she's never been sea-sick in her life. But there they were, Peter, Charlotte and her.. before eating chocolate cake.. just a'bouncing about.

Bye-bye folks.. this is our last Pewsey Post.

GeeGee Parrot.
May 5th, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment