Saturday 7 November 2015

DUE TO THE GAPING HOLE.. I'M HAVING TO STAY IN 'PRISON'..

Yes, Dear Readers, the ineptitude of stupid Richard means that I will not be released from prison.. aka the aviary today. You can well imagine my thoughts on that bit of news I received a few minutes ago.

With the gaping hole above the front door and that door wide open to the elements, it wouldn't be wise for me to return home, sad but true. So it is lucky that I am amongst friends, for, whereas, I am having to eat bird food and drink plain water, instead of human fodder and LapySang tea, at least I am being fed, watered, am warm and being cared for.

Growly and I are next door to each other and we can and do make an alarming amount of noise when we put our bird brains to it, I have been trying, in vain, to teach him my favourite song Farewell, adieu, auf wiedersein, goodbye but he hasn't 'got' it yet but never fear, I'll keep trying.

She.. aka my mum.. is trying to sort some of this mess out. But until the remedial works are finished, she really doesn't stand a chance. For instance, the heating pipes, in all their coppery glory, now run along skirting boards and until they're painted and dry, she cannot move the furniture back against the walls.

The demi-lune table which lives in the hall with a lamp on it cannot go back because that is where stupid Richard's (grrrrr) tools are scattered about. The linen cupboards contents, who knows where they will go, as that has disappeared because the new boiler is in there.

And that stupid man, before mentioned, doesn't seem to realise that shelves are necessary for bath towels and 'preferably' the shelves should be in the bathroom. Oi vey.. as I say.

Ok.. rant over. What's happening? Well, timber strips can be bought in preparation for when the work is finished and she can rack up the storage space. Whitewash can be bought with which to brighten up said space, a new colour can be chosen with which to paint the bathroom.

She's going for a pale stone-white. When everything else is finished and she can get on and do her own re-decorating, she will change the bathroom flooring and together with this, the wall colour will look crisp and pretty especially with white and her favourite Duck Egg blue towels.

Today being the first Saturday of the month, she will go and chat to Anthony who mans Ellie's Dairy in Bute Street, South Kensington between 10.00am until 2.00pm. Then Debbie Goat will appear at some time between 2.30pm and 3.15pm to collect that stall and mama can give her a pot of IshPol.

Which reminds me, I have never told you the origin of IshPol, well, I will but it won't be today. In fact, you'll have to wait until I'm home again so that I can befreshed of the story by herself.

Home again, home again, jiggedyjig. That would have been SO nice to go home today but never mind.. well, I do but t'aint nuthin' I can do about it. Except make an ethigy of a lazy, stupid worker (you know his name) and stick feathers into it.

GeeGee Parrot.
November 7th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment