Sunday 7 June 2015

THAT WASN'T A SUCCESS.. MY VISIT OR EMPLOYING A FRIEND.. SAD THAT!

We left for the allotment, me in my travel cage, her carrying me and all my stuff.. bowls, perch, food etc and off we went. We got there in good time, the day was not too hot, a little breeze was blowing.

She unpacked all my stuff, set up the big cage and unpacked me into it. Whereupon I immediately threw a wobble.. climbed onto the front bars and began to squeak! She was in sight, there were no dragons, no nasty noisy grass trimmers.. I was behaving as if I had never been there before and was scared.

After a little while, of seeing me hanging on the front bars of the cage like a prisoner in a cell.. she came up to me and said "ok, we'll go home" and she packed everything away, popped me back into travel cage, locked up little shed and we left.

I was very well behaved coming home.. but at least something nice happened, at the bus stop we met Mimi, a charming Japanese woman who had been selling stuff at the Car Boot Sale at Chiswick school, she had just got a new phone and did not remember the new number, we gave her ours and hope she will call us.

We got home, it took two hours.. grrr..and walked down our steps. She let me out, quite expecting me to explode into flight but no, for in truth I am a trifle ashamed of my wimpy behaviour at the allotments (she certainly won't take me out there again in a hurry) and so I climbed onto her head.

I used to love it.. I loved being in the light, the big cage, the football teams all shouting.. blowing the 'refs' whistle for him.. we've now had a late lunch of which I ate some meat, having refused to eat or drink whilst hanging on the bars, we are writing this post and then I am going to settle down and doze for a bit.

She'll settle down too and finish reading her book.. the sky has clouded over and rain is supposed to come in tomorrow, however, she did manage to finish one side of the terrace and mow underneath the two apple trees closest to the terrace.

She is thinking (sadly) that it would have been better if she'd not used that friend to do the clearing work, for they didn't do a good job, she had done most of the work before Thursday when they were there with her, she expected them to spend the day bagging the clippings up and taking them to the commercial dump.

But the clippings are still there in a huge pile and the three bags that they did fill, they're still there too and the work was done last Thursday! She's tired, it has been a hard working week for her, she did three full days at the allotments plus an hour and a half of raking and mowing today. That's more exercise than she's taken for a long time.

So this quiet afternoon will not go amiss.. I'll just sit and cogitate my (bare) navel.

Next time, if there is a next time, she says she will take me in my bigger travelling cage and leave me in that, plenty of room to flap wings etc and she can move it around the plots with her as she works and if I do the same hanging on the bar behaviour.. well, then she won't ever take me again.

I have no explanation for my behaviour today.. I used to love being out there in the fresh air.. I guess I am just getting to be a tricky old bird.. sigh.

GeeGee Parrot.
June 7th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment