Friday 19 June 2015

DANCING A JIG.. ON MY MUM'S HEAD!

I know Dear Readers, she's extremely tolerant. How many mothers do you know who would let their children prance about all over them like I do? Not many normal ones is the correct answer but who said my mum was normal? Not me, that's for sure!

We've been Singing With Dementia up at Woodlawns on Leigham Court Road at Streatham Hill and very jolly it was too! No boiled fruit cake for tea but she had taken a pot of hummus and I had a nibble at an extremely tootie-fruity strawberry, I wanted a slurp of her tea but she had drunk it all so I had water instead.. not the same.

There's a plot a'foot, it has been dreamt up by Rosalina, one of my special friends, she's busting a gut to teach me some Italian. which she is, it might work, you never know with us Greys. Back to the plot, it is a fund raiser for the church and it will be for kids, the human variety. They pay 50p a go to guess my name and the winner gets a baby (toy) parrot!

Whatever next, I ask you? Anyway, my mum volunteered me for this and so we'll be travelling slightly further afield in July on a Sunday. First we'll go to Mass, I've never been into a church, so this will be a new experience, that's for sure! Then we'll play the game whilst parents have coffee and cake.

Rosalina and she have to come up with about a hundred girls' names, each child will try to guess my name and once a name has been chosen, the child's name and telephone number will be put against that name and it will be taken 'out of the pot' as it were. At the end of the morning, which ever child has guessed my name, if anyone does, then they get the prize.

I'll travel in my smaller cage but she'll take the bigger one for me to be in for the duration of the game, it is a good thing that the big one can be carried by old WW as it is quite heavy! My dears, the things she gets up to and is now involving me in as well!

But I must say that this afternoon was a very jolly affair indeed, I flew about a lot, I landed on several unsuspecting peoples' heads, I did a dudu on Susan's, I am ashamed to admit but what can you expect with all this excitement?

We sang Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Knees and Toes the whole way through, that always gets me going as she has to bend all the way down lots of times to touch her knees and toes, then we bounced about a bit more with head waggling, shoulder rolling, toe and heel touching and then we all danced about doing the 'Lambeth Walk' in a line.

Such laughing was laughed as I held on tight and flapped-the-flap with my wings and today.. I caused them to stop singing when I joined in whistling! It was a tune I knew so I could prance about and whistle.. it was chaos, my dears.. chaos.. they laughed so much.

What a great sight it is to see these people laughing, that's why we started the group, to give these folk a happy time and if all it takes is me being silly and enjoying myself, well, I'll keep on doing my very best at being foolish.

I did NOT want it to end.. no sirree! I bit her smartly at half past four, which was pack up time and made it very obvious that I did not want to leave but she explained that the party was over and it was time to go home and that next Friday will be along before I know it! I hope so.

So she kissed several folk and said our goodbyes, Janice had had a splendid time with her family in Jamaica and Mary had had an equally splendid time at the World Conference of Rotary International in Brazil, she says she only drank one bottle of rum a day! Joke! They looked so happy both of them.

Off we trotted down the road, turned left on to the High Street and along came our 319 bus which was empty, we took ourselves a comfy seat and trundled all the way home to Sloane Square.

Now she'll cook us something light and tasty, she's dug out a pure cotton house dress, it is too hot to be wearing much else! And she's promised me a cool bath with a session with my favourite machine, her hair dryer, which blows cool air through my feathers, it will a MAJOR treat after today's hot day.

It's Friday, so there you have our week folks, we both hope thay you all have had a happy time. We are aware that there have been some terrible things that have happened this week, the slaying of those nine completely defenseless people at a Bible Study Group in a church in Charleston, SC, USA is, without doubt, one of the saddest things.

And there have been other things too, some too gruesome to mention, which is why I bang on about keeping your side of the 'street' and life clean, happy and healthy and about being kind to people who are not just your immediate family.

Gettit..

GeeGee Parrot.
June 19th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment