Saturday 24 August 2013

PALE GREY CHIFFON.. FALLING FROM THE SKY!

SHE woke up early this morning for the room was suspiciously cool and padding in bare feet to the front door, SHE opened it to see the most astonishing sight! 

For there was a layer of pale grey chiffon falling.. it was almost invisible as it fell gently onto the leaves of the plants and trees, it fell straight for there was not a breath of wind to alter its' path. It was the finest rain SHE has ever seen.. a beautiful sight but one that totally altered all of OUR plans for the day. 

They.. aka the Weather Forecasters.. had told of a gloriously hot Bank Holiday Weekend.. well, it might be somewhere else but here, in deepest Knightsbridge, old Man Sun is not shining his torch, in fact, I doubt very much if he even has it switched on. 

That was at six of the clock.. it is well past twelve of the clock, the gentle chiffon-like mist has gone.. replaced by heavy rain and so that-is-that for all OUR plans to go and work at the garden.

Perhaps it is a good thing, as SHE has cut two fingers very badly and yes, of course, they are on HER right hand.. aka gardening hand. 

Now last weekend.. what a difference! Sunny hot! 

I went on a jaunt to meet Debbie of Ellies' Dairy fame.. SHE asked ME if I wanted to go, SHE does this by showing ME the travel cage, if I feel like a jaunt I step in. if I don't.. I zoom off! SHE gets the message.. I stepped in, cage slid into MY blue Ikea travel bag and off WE went by the 22 bus to Parsons Green Farmers Market. 

As Debbie had no idea I was coming to see the 
source of that Goaty Curd WE love so much.. I think it gave her a chuckle to meet ME.. 

But what was this? Not a Goaty folk in sight! 

Bit of a shame, how is a Parrot supposed to learn to speak Goat if I never meet one? SHE goes bleat at ME.. but I know HER.. SHE is deaf as an old post and maybe saying it wrong.

Sadly no Goaty folk because they have to have a Livestock Permit to Travel, or something that sounds like that. Victoria would be very shocked, for SHE went everywhere with Constance in her 
little van.

Lunch time.. time to go.. flap flap Dear Readers.
I will be back soon.

GeeGee Parrot.
August 24th, 2013. 

No comments:

Post a Comment