Monday 4 March 2019

BY THE LIGHT.. OF A SILVERY SUN..

Outside looks very blah.. you all know what I mean, Mr. Sun doesn't have his torch switched on and the light is silvery grey.

Which means it's a hat day, for when you have very short hair it's chilly around the ears on days like today.

The wretch.. aka mother.. gave me a clawicure this morning, that was a nasty shock, I thought she wanted a cuddle but before I knew what was happening, I was wrapped up in a towel and my toe nails were being cut!

And then, to add insult to injury, she filed Beaky with her battery operated hard skin remover! 

Secretly, between you, me and the front door, I rather like having this funny grindy thing on Beaky as it is similar to the effect when I rub a door or perch but does the job better and quicker.

So now I look very smart and polished.

Which is more than I can say for her, she's still in her pj's in bed  waiting for a call from a friend about what they plan to do later today.

Tomorrow is an 'at home' whilst she works on taking furniture away from the wall, this is so that the builder can examine them to make sure there are no other mice 'front doors' in the flat.

I am being remarkably silly and making a lot of verbal noise instead of investigating two plates on the bed. One has egg on it, the other has lots of crunchy things like almonds and my dried Harrisons food, there's a bowl of grapes as well as my huge bowl of water, which to stop it flooding her bed is in a square washing-up bowl.

You see I need or want for nothing when she goes out, I have cardboard centres from lavatory rolls, a perch made out of coffee branches and either the radio or the television are always left on for me, plus a UVA 'daylight' bulb to produce vit D which is vital for birds - and humans.

Ok, she's now spoken with her friend and they discussed todays plan, she also spoke with Leigh, human mother of Otto Cat, and we've been invited to supper next week, let's hope it's a sunny day for she'll work at the allotments in the afternoon and if it is cold, raining or very windy, she won't take me.

So.. let's cheer ourselves up by singing, in or out of tune doesn't matter, you should all know the words.. 'By the light of a silvery moon'.

This song is over a century old and was song on stage by Lillian Lorraine in the Ziegfield Follies ofdoris  1909! But most people remember it being sung by Doris Day in the film of the same name.

Ok, she's off out and I'm choosing somewhere to doze, I might stay where I am, which is on her back pillow which is lying on her bed, it's very comfortable to stand on when all your toe-toes have just been clipped!

Yawn.. time to doze and remember those sunny days in February.. and having said that.. there's sunshine! Mr. Cloud has allowed old Man Sun to come through.

GeeGee Parrot.
March 4th, 2019,

No comments:

Post a Comment