Wednesday 30 July 2014

DRAMA AT NUMBER TEN!

No, Dear Readers, not that number 10, our number 10! The Tale unfolded in the following fashion, read on, read on!

She woke me up in a very different way yesterday, normally the first thing I hear are little kisses being blown towards me but yesterday I heard her singing "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday darling GeeGee, happy birthday to you".

Yes, indeed, for it was my tenth birthday and so I am saying "thank you Rosamund for your birthday wishes email", "thank you Leigh for your birthday wishes email" and "thank you Tereza for that delicious melon that you brought me from the south of France, I had some of the seeds last night, more this morning and they truly very scrummydumptious".

Yesterday she was going to have a coffee with Tereza, who lives above us, and so she got dressed, fixed my bowls of yumyum and water, put a book into her bag, blew me a kiss and then looked for her door keys.

Gulp! No door keys on the hall tray! Help, did she leave them in the door last night? Opened the door, no keys hanging in the lock, oh, duda duda.

She sent a text saying "slight delay" to Tereza and starting hunting in all the usual suspects where she might have put them.. nothing! Grrrrr.

Time was marching on and, besides having coffee with Tereza, she was due at the hairdressers at 1.15 in Hammersmith.

What to do.. simple, as she was inside the house and not locked out, she opened the hall cupboard and took out a bag which had the old mortice lock and the keys and fittings in it.

She removed the one in the door, fitted the old one, put the key into the lock and turned it to make sure it connected properly, bent down to pick up the bag and the screw driver.. and her keys fell out of her shirt pocket, flop, they went, onto the carpet.

Yes, dear Readers, they had been in the pocket of her pretty linen 'big-shirt used as a jacket' all the time.. sigh.. oh, it did made her squeal and rock with laughter, for in all the years she has lived here she has only 'lost' her keys and been locked out once.


But that, also, is a Tale for another day.

Upstairs for coffee with Tereza who had brought me a birthday melon.. all the way from France.. how sweet was that, I ask you? 

Then whoosh.. underground to Hammersmith to the hairdressers who have done a wonderful job on starting the change of her hair colour, they will do the second stage in August.

Then to the shop to meet lovely boss, their shop had won a dinner for doing especially well and they were going to meet up with two other volunteers at 7.30 in Notting Hill Gate at the restaurant.

A very pleasant evening was had by all, then she came home and had another supper with me, or rather I ate my delicious birthday treats whilst she sat on the kitchen sink and talked to me and so we went to bed quite late.

We slept in today for she got up yesterday at 04.00 of the morning clock, it had been so stuffy and as there were two big jars of Kefir hubble-bubbling away in the kitchen, it seemed more sensible to get up and start her day rather than just toss and turn in a too warm room.

Now she is off to collect parcels and take them to the Post Office and so I am off to find a cool, comfy perch and to think 'warm' thoughts about my friends who take the trouble to bring and send a small grey person, aka me, birthday gifts and emails.

GeeGee Parrot.
July 30th, 2014.
Post Script: And in today's post was a birthday card for me, a real card one with a stamp-on-the-envelope-delivered-by-the-postman-kind-of-card! It was from my (second) cousin Bruce, all the way from the Isle of Man. "Thanks Bruce, we hope you are feeling better?

No comments:

Post a Comment