Tuesday 27 October 2015

GRUESOME NEWS FOLKS.. I HAVE BEEN BANISHED TO THE AVIARY!

I got just a little perturbed when she came back from weighing in yesterday, I thought she was going to the allotment. But no, lots more sorting was done as she emptied the airing cupboard of everything, right down to the ground.

For this is where the new Combi-boiler will be situated, the big water tank is being taken out and going and the two header tanks will go also. She cleared out the bottom shelf underneath the basin so that the plumber can tap into the mains water supply.

Then, rather alarmingly, she came back into our very tidy bedroom and started on my night house, aka cage. She pulled it off the table and dragged it into the bathroom, put it into the bath and scrubbed and washed it with very hot water and clear vinegar.

Oh.. dearie me.. I didn't know what was going on and I didn't approve, 'cos she pulled down Dagga's old cage and that got the same treatment! Then she called Animal Fair and said she was going to give them that one so that she'd always have one there for when I need to stay for a few days. UGH.

So she obviously intends for me to stay there for a while.. NOT good news! But I guess with the bad damp problem and the new heating system being installed, it's best if I am not here.. sigh.. so she took me in this morning.. sob.

But at least she's done all the work,  there's just a couple of towels to be washed and aired before she puts them away in a trunk.. thank heavens for those trunks! Wizard came to collect everything just after 2.00pm, now all she has to do clean up the kitchen.

Going back to this week's weight loss, last week she lost 2.5lbs, maybe, just maybe, if she hadn't slurped both that cheese cake AND a savoury tart at Marylebone Farmer's Market yesterday, she'd have lost more than a lb. For she's only got another half a lb to go and she'll have lost 21lbs! Very happy knees.. but they'll be even happier when she gets right down to her desired weight.

Ah well folks, stuff has to happen, flat has to have the work done and at least I know everyone at the aviary and they're very kind to me, so I'll just cogitate my tumtum, pluck a few feathers and it'll all be over soon, I hope, as does she. PipPip.

GeeGee Parrot.
October 27th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment