Monday 31 August 2015

THAT FEMALE COP SAVED THE DAY!

You have to laugh, don't you? Back we go.. whoosh.. to last Thursday when it appeared that Lambeth Council had NOT sent her the Alcohol License she needed for the Rotary BBQ. She telephoned the department and was told "it is not dealt with here, it's issued from Blue Star House just off Brixton High Street.

So having kissed me on Beaky, off she went to get the License.. only to be told by a rather sneaky young man "oh no, we can't do that because the man had to leave for the day". GRRRRR.. after much verbal wriggling about by some, I regret to say, completely inafficient council employees, she blew her stack!

In the lobby, where she had been penned for an hour, there arrived a tiny slip of a girl, who asked her "what has happened?" and so she explained in words of one syllable exactly what she needed and how some people were being incredibly UN-helpful. The tiny girl then looked very shocked and said "but Mr.So&So has only just left, it was him that went out when I came in".

She looked at the tiny girl and said "ok, now I've fed up with being given this rubbish, do you know where the police station is? And where is International House" and the tiny girl pulled open the main door and said "come with me".

They walked across Brixton High Street and the girl said "there's the police station and there's International House, good luck" and back she went to the other building

My mum walked into International House and WOW.. what a difference! There was a pair of receptionists at the front desk, they both smiled at her and one said "how may I help you".

She gave a very short history of the problem and then asked "Do you have a policewoman based here called Judy", the woman said "we certainly do, I will call her for you, please pick up that phone when I tell you".

The telephone rang, she picked it up and a woman's voice said "how may I help you?" and my mum replied "hello, do you remember that woman who was applying for a license that got lost in Brixton Police Station and her being so rude about the police, well, here I am, because Blue Star House are refusing to give it to me".

An explosion exploded at the other end and the policewoman asked "you're downstairs? Stay there, I'll deal with this immediately"

My mum asked if there was a lavatory she could use and was buzzed through a security door and shown where it was, when she came back in only a few minutes time.. there was a very anxious looking young man standing in reception with an envelope in his hand.

He asked her "are you Miss ......, here is your Alcohol License", which he handed to her and then he disappeared in a big hurry.

She asked to speak to the policewoman again and they squealed with laughter and she said "well.. well.. well.. you've got it now and the next time, I suggest you come straight to me and I'll deal with your application, best of luck for Saturday and I hope you raise lots and lots of money at your fund-raiser".

She took WW and off they trundled to catch a 133 bus up to Streatham High Road so she could take the license to show it to Morrisons, who could only release alcohol as a donation upon sight of that license.. OI VEY..

She was running on adrenaline for those few days, the alcohol license was VITAL, can you imagine going to a grown-up BBQ and not being able to drink a beer, let alone a glass of wine! No, I don't think you can, can you!

So you see.. the cop saved the day and my mum's sanity!

GeeGee Parrot.
August 31st, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment