Wednesday 15 January 2014

I AM, APPARENTLY, A VERY STINKY PARROT & AM IN DEEP DUDU..

Yes, Dear Readers, I have been, apparently, the very nortiest bird but I am most fortunate that it is not the summer.. because SHE threatened ME with being made into a hat.. a feather hat.

Ouch.. oh dear, oh dearie ME.

Well, I had better tell YOU what has occured.

The trouble started much earlier today, SHE had being doing what SHE does once every seven or eight days.. it involves yeast, water and flour, it hubbles and bubbles whilst it is left to grow for a day or so. 

SHE slaps it about a lot, poor thing, after being treated so horribly for ten minutes, SHE gives it a rest, then SHE knocks and slaps it about some more and then, this poor thing, is put into a hot oven.

And half an hour later it comes out in the shape of the most edibubble loaf of Sourdough bread.

Naturally, when it comes out of the oven, it is very hot and it is placed on a wire rack to cool. She had a smidgen of beurre de saumon fume left in chilly larder and was, I think, planning to have a mini snacket with the new loaf of Sourdough when SHE came back from the hairdresser.

I digress, there was this loaf sitting on the rack and when SHE came back from the hairdresser and the market, I was, naturally, very pleased to see HER, so did MY jumpjet act and flew to the YumYum HQ to make sure that all was well.

A wiggly flap got ME into this tiny room and I landed safely on the work surface. As I always have a mini snacket ready during the day, SHE did not think anything wrong, nor come into the room.

Oooooh.. such a pretty loaf but what was this? Why the crust on the top was not smoooooth, it had rough bits, so I thought Beaky could do a tiny bit of 'tidying up' to make it look better.

Alas and much alacking ocurred, for Beaky did not obey orders to just tidy that little tiny bit of sharp crust, for norty Beaky lost control and gave the crust a munch.

Yes, Dear Readers, a big Beaky sized munch but Beaky did not stop.. the little nibblynibbly pieces had turned into big biteybitey chunks.

When SHE came into YumYum HQ and saw what had happened.. well, Dear Readers, YOU know it takes a lot to silence a mother. SHE looked at ME, at the remains of that, oh so, edibubble loaf and that was when I was called stinky.

And other names which I will not repeat as I know children read MY Blog and I don't any complaints from little folks parents.

So there YOU have it.. the sorry Tale of a Stinky Parrot and the still warm Sourdough Loaf.

GeeGee Parrot.
January 15th, 2014.
Postscript. Do YOU think SHE will give ME the chunks? Would YOU be so kind to try and use YOUR influence in MY favour, for it was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment