Wednesday 28 December 2011

Knightsbridge under siege!

Have you watched the television over the past couple of days?

SWSBO and I watched the News last night. Now we know why our, normally quiet residential, street is heaving with badly parked cars AND traffic wardens!

It looked like a Bear's Jamboree out there... With hoards of appallingly badly dressed people pushing and shoving in order to get into the shops to GRAB 'stuff', anything they can get there paws (sorry hands) onto.

Meanwhile, back home in our nest, everything is calm and peaceful, she is reading the newspapers on line and we are chatting. I do my dry cleaning first thing when I wake up, I have to beak my feathers into shape, we Parrots do this in the same way that humans brush their hair and do their teeth, or should do, before they greet the day or other members of their flock.

But breakfast is around the corner.. Yeah.. Any minute now we'll go into the kitchen. I heard her open the kitchen door before she came to get me out of my bed, so I know that the butter, eggs and the milk are out of the fridge. It is truly happy holiday time, we are going to have Buttered Eggs, she most certainly knows the direct path to my heart.. It is straight through my stomach.

Here we go.. Her feet are on the floor, hand is stretched up so I can step down.. I spend a lot of the day on top of the door in whichever rooms she is in, remember the expression 'Bird's eye view'...

Buttered Eggs... Oh happy times here we come.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment