Tuesday 27 December 2011

The Christmas holidays.

My own page..

My claws and feathers, this seems so strange to have this freedom. Before it has always been channelled by She-Who-Should-Be-Obeyed, who, I am happy to report, is getting better, had her at home in bed now for a few days now and with some light food which included baskets of MY favourites, yummy Persimmons and Pomegranates, she is recovering fast, plus, of course, having me to fly about and make a complete fool of myself cheers her up no end.

I had a belated Christmas present today.. a splendid toy. A WHITE paper bag with handles!

Well, I am not sure it was meant to be a present, I was thinking of tasting, just tasting, I can assure you, her Sweet Potato at lunch time. To be fair to her, she had offered me my own dish of this but her plate also had French Beans and other delicious stuff on it... Anyway, suddenly, my whole world went white!

You can imagine what went through my 'bird like' brain... But certainly "Don't panic, don't panic" was one of my thoughts. So I stayed very still, the dropper-of-the-bag-over-my-head also stayed silent AND still. I gave the bag a nudge and it moved, then I gave it a push with a claw and trod on it and lo and behold, the kitchen came back into sight. BIG relief as I know there's a good film on this evening.

I have to learn how to write and do this Blog properly, I have a friend called Ellie, she runs Ellie's Dairy in Kent. she has a Blog, called elliesdairy.blogspot.com.

Now, Ellie has a huge herd of Goaty Folk and she makes THE VERY BEST GOAT'S CHEESE, my mama found out about her as she cannot drink Cow's milk. And now we have FRESH Goat's Milk SWSBO makes fresh Ricotta Cheese which, if you've never had it, is heavenly, either with jam or in pasta, I love it and as 'she' makes it, we know what is in it!

Then we have another friend who writes about her family (she has a husband and SEVEN, yes seven boy children! They are all grown up (I wonder what that means?) But sadly she lives faaaar away in Texas, she has a Blog called joanna-darcy.blogspot.com. However, as they're both smart and kind, they'll help me tap this out and teach me how to do photos, in fact, there are several of MOI on Ellie's Blog!

Oh.. It is nearly supper time and as I SAW her making it, it is worth getting excited about. Off we go to the kitchen, I'll be back another day. Not tomorrow as I know SHE has to go out and I haven't figured out the iPad on / off switch yet.

But.. As ole MacArtur said "I'll be back"...

With a lot of best wishes for a cosy night wherever you are.

GeeGee Parrot.
December 27th, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment