Sunday 18 November 2018

TODAY IS THE 18th OF NOVEMBER AND CAN ANY OF YOU REMEMBER WHY THIS DATE IS SO IMPORTANT?

It's the date in 2004 that she drove to Shropshire to collect me from where I was born.. yes folks, today is our 14th anniversary!

Fourteen years, goodness me, that's a long time, isn't it? When I arrived, I was a little parrot and so well behaved, now I'm fully grown and as naughty as a bag load of monkeys and veryvery naughty monkeys, they are too apparently!

I don't have a lot to report or tell you.. she went out yesterday to take stuff to the allotments and whilst she was there, took a few photos of roses and sweet peas, they're as happy as Larry because their roots are in a very raised raised bed (work that one out). 

Jack Frost strikes at ground level so she's raised the level of the earth in her beds to a minimum of 5cms - 12" and in some of them, it is 8cms - 20" deep.

It was far too cold for me to go. especially as I've been a Silly Billy and taken off my vest aka waistcoat and nibbled one of my shoulders.. sigh.. well, what would YOU do if your mama was / had been ick-dick = sick and confined to 'barracks' for nearly seven weeks?

Exactly, you would get a bit 'stressed' as well, to put it politely! So the waistcoat had to go.

However, let me tell you about other stuff. The weather here in London is glorious, lots of trees still have their leaves on and they're golden and red, a truly magnificent sight on the allotments is a Silver Birch whose leaves are a pale gold.. 

We have had a couple of days of heavy rain but nothing like other parts of the country or on the continent, poor Italy has been hit with horrific floods and hectares of the Dolomite range have been denuded of trees by avalanches of trees being swept down the mountains by torrential rain.

Our politics, well, let's not go there, because no one knows what is going on, least of all me or her.

What I do know is that she had a lovely lunch today when she met up with an old friend but I only had the remains of my breakfast plus some slices of citrus fruit and they were all cold so a smidgen of hot food wouldn't go amiss.

Fourteen years, which is almost as long as she and Dagga Parrot were together - they lived together for over sixteen years. I have a couple of years to catch up on him and then, perhaps, I'll be able to 'train' her a bit more.. fat chance.. that has made me laugh so much I slipped off her head!

Chirps to you all.. we are both full of chirp and hope you are too.

GeeGee Parrot.
November 18th, 2018.  

No comments:

Post a Comment