Friday 11 August 2017

ROCKY BIT THE BURGLAR.. I BIT BUB..

It wasn't my finest hour but it certainly was Rocky's, that's for sure! Because having being bitten by Rocky, the burglar bled all over the house and the cops 'got' him the very next day 'cos they entered his blood into the database and lookielookie, there was a match, the blood belonged to a very naughty serial burglar!

I, unfortunately, bit BUB when we first met 'cos I had the thought, very unwisely, of impressing upon him who was 'boss' around here. I know, how stupid can a small, red arsed parrot be? The answer, Dear Readers, is very.

I don't have any exciting news to give you. But one bit is that Connie isn't coming to stay with us, she's having an operation which means that she has to spend time recuperating, not flying across from the USA to come and jaunt about with us for ten days.. sigh.. such a pity.

For not only were we looking forward to seeing her, but that would have FORCED She Who Prefers to Garden to sort out the back room, you notice I don't use the word sittingroom!

That's a good 'joke'! For you can't sit anywhere on anything in that room, except perhaps on one small corner of a trunk, one of three, as everything is piled high on anything that could possibly be called a chair or a sofa!

Whose laughing? Not her, for she's mightily fed up with the chaos in that room and she's just realised, oh lordy, that Autumn is a'coming and that we do have another guest coming, who will be here for sure, in September and that it's time she got her act together and finished sorting it out.

My help or presence is not required and I am banished from perching on that door, sad that, for that door is old, wide and extremely comfortable to sit upon. So I 'lurk' on our bedroom door and utter piteous squeaks in the, unfortunately, vain hope that she'll allow me in there, I say vain as the carpet is off-white, she doesn't like me to sit there at any time if the truth were told, which as you well know, it always should be.

And now it is late.. the Pewsey crew are arriving tomorrow at midday to divest us of masses of stuff which we have collected for their grandchildren.. aka Poppie, Freddie and Charlotte, this is very good news for it will mean she no longer has the excuse about not being able to bring the trunks back into our bedroom. They live under our bed. The bed rests up high on a large sturdy wooden frame, built especially so that there is storage space underneath for trunks and boxes.

So it is bedtime, fear not, I'm actually quite tired and I won't be flying about the room playing the old game of catch-me-if-you-can. There's new yumyum and water in my night-house and I am quite content to go into it, shake my tail and say "Goodnight" to you all.

GeeGee Parrot.
August 11th, 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment