Sunday 2 October 2016

SHOULD WE BE CALLING HER 'THE BOILER WOMAN'?

This is a very short post as I am laughing so much I might fall off it!

She was suddenly struck by the following..'For goodness sake, why am I being such a wimp? I come from a long line of mechanical & electrical engineers, I rebuilt a Goldring Lenco unit, I must surely be able to fix this wretched boiler?' So she went on-line to look at a website and there, sure enough, were instructions on how to fix our problem of zero pressure.

And having armed herself with a torch and removed me from her head, she went into the boiler cupboard and there, lo and behold, were the two valves. A quick turn to both of them into the FULL position and there was instantly the most intensely gratifying sound of water going somewhere!

The lever in the pressure valve swung up from 0 towards 2 and after switching on the boiler to heating and hot water, the unit stopped flashing E119 and showed the temperature! "GeeGee, I've done it, we can warm up the flat AND have a hot bath tonight.. oh, yubba-dubba-doo!", she cried.

No, she's not for hire, she's now doing what she should be doing which is emptying the cabinets in the bathroom, prior to woman-handling them into the old boiler room where they will do splendidly for storage of things that are vital, like spare Bissell vacuum bits and carpet shampoo, you know the sort of things that are of great importantance but that you don't use all the time.

Me, I'm safely out of harms way in yumyum high up on Goosie head. One of my favourite place to perch.. smelling bones in stock. Very slurpicious it smells too. Chirp.

GeeGee Parrot.
October 2nd, 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment