Wednesday 3 September 2014

Nut Case..

NUT CASE? No, Dear Reader, I am not referring to myself (or her), I am referring to the most wonderful emporium full of very, seriously very, delicious things to eat.

And, guess what, its' name is.. Nut Case Ltd!

This wonderful small but bursting to its' seams shop is located at the following location:
352 Uxbridge Road, London W12 7LL.
Tel: 020 8743 0336.

They sell every nut known to parrots, squirrels and mankind, plus dates, crystallised fruits, baklava and every other possible delicacy in the sweet range.

"Nougat! Get away from me, you naughty girl" was what she said to the charming girl who tried to tempt her when she was buying walnuts and other such edible things yesterday!

That made them all laugh and I am proud to tell you she did NOT give in, nope, not a morsel of any sweet stuff passed her lips.. now.. the same cannot be said about dry roasted pistachios or the chilli roasted almonds.

For supper last night I had the first tasting of what she had brought for me. Fresh cashews, walnuts and almonds.. oh slurp-the-durp!

She mentioned that if I liked the nuts (?), that she would be a regular customer. Yes, I am extremely fussy about nuts and can sniff out a rancid one in a nano-second, they get picked up and dropped on the floor. The mice don't mind but she does, a lot.

A parrot! You have a parrot, said the nice man behind the counter and so she left the store much 
later than planned as much parrot talk was talked for he had just got an Indian Ringed Neck parrot, they are seriously cute to look at.

So she will be going there probably every week now, the quality of the merchandise is superb and supper last night and breakfast this morning was just as a parrot would dream about.. a cashew, two walnuts, a soft boiled egg (yum), a slice of my favourite bread and a crust of her toast.

She has to go to MailBox to give them a parcel for America and I will doze on my favourite pole, digest my yumyum and dream about a fresh date or perhaps a chillie'd almond or two.

I will be back.. as she is SO incensed by a remark that the Prime Minister said yesterday that she will be writing on this subject later, but for now, it is PipPip.

GeeGee Parrot.
September 3rd, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment